Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Disney, Playdates and Pesto!

I can't believe it's only 3 DAYS AWAY!! I'm so excited about it that I started typing that sentence again! I plan on starting to pack today to I can see if I'm missing anything and to make sure I have enough outfits. I am really enjoying not knowing the itinerary. I'm usually the one who plans everything and makes reservations everywhere, so the surprise is going to be nice. I have a feeling we're going to be doing/seeing a lot of things that I have never done/seen before, so I am really looking forward to that What I wouldn't give to actually plan this trip though! I can't wait to meet my new Disney family!

I have completed Christmas and anniversary shopping. Well, except for a couple gift cards and I'm waiting for a couple items to arrive in the mail. But for the most part it is complete. Our tree is up and there's a star on top, but I don't think we will be putting ornaments on it this year. Don't get me wrong, I love ornaments on the tree, but this holiday has been so super busy that I just don't feel like doing it. :) I do need to find the stocking holders and our stockings so I can fill them. I wonder if Santa will be filling my stocking this year.

Playdate is at my house today. The kids will be making photo frame ornaments. I'm using this playdate as an excuse to make the pesto dip. Yum! It's been awhile since I've had it and my cream cheese is going to expire in a couple weeks. (I swear, it is!) Yesterday the kids made handmade coasters as a gift to the grandparents for Christmas. I will snap a photo of them when they are completely done. They turned out gorgeous though!

Here's the pesto dip recipe in case you're wondering (super duper easy!):

1 8oz brick of cream cheese
1 jar of basil pesto (I like to drain it a little bit)

Mix them together, throw it in a baking dish (I use a square glass one) and bake it for about 25 minutes at 350. Serve with any cracker. I prefer wheat thins. Yum yum yum!

1 comment: