Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Our Guest


My family were guests at Be Our Guest restaurant in new Fantasyland during the first day of the Passholder Previews.  We had no idea that the restaurant would be open that day.  Not only was it open for Quick Service lunch, they were also taking reservations for dinner!  OMG!  We jumped at the chance and quickly secured our 4:50pm reservations.

I know most of you have seen pictures of new Fantasyland, but let me tell you, it is more amazing in person.  One of the things I love most about Walt Disney World is the attention to detail and there is no shortage of detail here.  You know you are in the Beast's castle as soon as you walk through the door.  It is very dark with rich colors and is everything you'd imagine from the movie.  In fact, it's so dark in there that the server had to use a flashlight on the menu for a guest sitting at a table next to us.

The Ballroom

There are two rooms you can dine in; the ballroom or the West Wing.  We were seated in the ballroom, which is stunning.  As if I wasn't smiling enough, the perfect red rose napkins on the table made me giggle.

Rose napkin
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very picky eater.  I am a steak and potatoes kind of girl, so that is exactly what I ordered.  I got the Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic Herb Butter and Pommes Frites. <----fancy for french fries

Grilled Strip Steak
These were the BEST fries ever.  The seasoning was delicious!
My husband ordered Rotisserie Cornish Hen and my son ordered the grilled chicken off of the kids menu.
Cornish Hen
Children's Grilled Chicken
 I.kid.you.not that was a fantastic steak.  The garlic-herb butter was to die for!  I'm also not a veggie girl, but I ate the green beans out of my veggie medley and gave the red peppers and onions to my husband.  My son  must have liked his chicken, because it was all gone.  (Or it could have been that I told him he had to eat it all to get dessert)  My husband's Cornish hen was good, but even he said he should have gotten the steak.

The best park of the evening was the dessert cart.  This amazing case of desserts was rolled right up to our table and our server explained each and every one of them.  Another plus to this restaurant is that the kid's meals come with dessert and they get to pick it right from the cart.
Ohhhh the desserts
I got the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, my son got the Chocolate Cream Puff and my husband got the Triple Chocolate Cupcake.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake
Chocolate Cream Puff
Triple Chocolate Cupcake
Mine was the best!  It is basically a yellow cake with strawberry mousse filling with cream cheese frosting.  I am a sucker for cream cheese frosting, so this was right up my alley.  Again, my husband said he should have ordered what I did.  



After our meal, I walked around the restaurant and ventured into the West Wing.  Wow!  The paintings and tapestries were all torn and ripped from the Beast's claw marks.  It was much darker in there and even had thunder sound effects to make it more creepy.  This is the room where the enchanted rose is held and boy is that rose enchanted!  Every so often, you can see a petal fall.  It's really beautiful.

Enchanted Rose

Beast's portrait above the fireplace
This was one of the best meals I have every had at Walt Disney World.  I can't wait to go again in a few weeks!
Entrance to Be Our Guest


The line queue for Quick Service lunch
The Ballroom during lunch, a lot more light
Quick Service lunch ordering stations








2 comments:

  1. Great review Leslie!
    I can hardly wait to go next month - I'm definitely ordering the steak and frites!
    P.S. LOVE your shirt in the first pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ordered a side of frites for Ava and I wanted to eat hers too. They were DELICIOUS!

      Delete