Monday, June 3, 2013

Tasty Time: Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

Another dinner hit!  Tonight's dinner comes from http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/recipe/meat/beef-broccoli-stir-fry/.  No, I'm not diabetic, but this sounded delicious!  As always, I made my own changes and it came out so yummy!



Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

Original recipe from website:
  • 2tablespoons  reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1tablespoon  cornstarch
  • 1tablespoon  white vinegar
  • 1tablespoon  grated fresh ginger
  • 1/4teaspoon  crushed red pepper
  • 2cloves garlic, minced
  • 12ounces  boneless beef top sirloin steak
  • 1small bunch broccoli (about 1 pound)
  • 2teaspoons  cooking oil
  • 2medium carrots, bias-sliced 1/8 inch thick
  • 4green onions, bias-sliced
  • 2cups  hot cooked spaghetti squash or angel hair pasta

My recipe:

2T reduced-sodium soy sauce
1T cornstarch
1T white vinegar (I only had apple vinegar, so that's what I used)
1T minced ginger
1/4 t crushed red pepper overflowing
1T minced garlic
1lb lean stew beef (hey, I'm lazy)
a bunch of broccoli
a handful of matchstick carrots
2T olive oil

In a bowl, mix soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, ginger, crushed red pepper and garlic.  Toss in the meat and coat.  Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes.  Now my sauce was pretty thick, so I didn't drain it like the original recipe says to do.

In a wok or large skillet, large skillet for me, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil on medium-high heat.  Add the meat and cook it until it's almost done with a little pink.  Remove the meat from the skillet and toss your veggies into it with another teaspoon of oil.  Cook until your desired tenderness.  I covered my skillet for a few minutes to get a good steam going.  Add the meat back to skillet, mixing it all together.

I ate it just like this, but it would be really good with white rice or noodles.  I might try it with chicken next time.  Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment