Friday, June 1, 2012

Tasty Time: Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken

Yet another recipe from Pinterest that came from chef in training and it's the easiest one of all!  This is basically the equivalent of pulled pork or sloppy joes, but with buffalo chicken!


Recipe:
3 or 4 chicken breasts
1 bottle of your favorite buffalo sauce (I used 2 jars of Hooter's Hot because my husband likes it saucy and 2 jars was REALLY saucy)
1 pkg of dry ranch dip mix
sandwich rolls (I used ciabatta rolls)

Toss the chicken, buffalo sauce and ranch mix into a crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours.  Shred the chicken with forks and cook an additional 30 minutes.  Serve on a sandwich roll.  

The original recipe called for 2 T of butter to be added after you shred the chicken, but I'm not sure why and I didn't do that.  I make a side of plain mac n cheese for a basic flavor since the buffalo chicken is spicy.  I also let my chicken drip dry a little bit before I put it on my roll because I don't like it juicy.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Looks good Leslie, might have to try that :-) I love a Sloppy Joe of any kind!!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete