Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tasty Time: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

I am loving these chicken crock pot recipes!  Not having to pre-cook the chicken is a real time saver!  Yesterday, I tried out another recipe I stole from Pinterest, which originally came from SkinnyTaste.com.  Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili!  It was DELICIOUS and I couldn't wait to reheat it for lunch today.  Here is my new favorite dish:


Photo credit - SkinnyTaste.com


This picture was taken after I topped it with shredded Mexican cheese.  Yum!  Yes, there's a lot of cheese. I love cheese.  I promise there is chili under there.  My husband adds Tabasco sauce to his to give it a bigger kick.

Here's the recipe!
1 onion chopped
1 16oz black beans
1 16oz kidney beans
1 8oz tomato sauce
10oz pkg frozen kernel corn (I used one large can of kernel corn)
2 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 T cumin (I didn't use this)
1 T chili powder
3-4 chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional and I did not use these)
white rice
shredded cheese

Mix all the ingredients together and then place the chicken on top.  Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.  Shred chicken 30 minutes before the time is up.  Serve over white rice and sprinkle with shredded cheese.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment