Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Holiday Season!

It's not even Thanksgiving yet and I'm already stressing about Christmas. I say every year that I will get all the Christmas shopping done early so we can just relax and enjoy the holiday's. That's my goal again this year. I'm pretty sure I have the most difficult family to shop for. The kiddo is easy, in fact he is already done...beyond done. My husband? Not so much. He likes expensive things, very specific expensive things, so he is difficult to surprise with gifts. Since our anniversary is close to Christmas, I decided to get one big gift for him. I was going to keep it a surprise, but ended up telling him anyway. We'll be going on a Mommy and Daddy only cruise in January on Norwegian Cruise Line. Neither of us have been on NCL before and it was a good price. I told him that this gift can be from both of us to both of us, so the shopping for us is done. There are still Grandparents and brothers to shop for and none of them will tell me what they want. Grrr.

I'm looking forward to this coming week. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving twice. Once at my parent's house and again at my in-law's house. I'm in charge of the pumpkin pie, which reminds me I need to get to the store before it becomes a mad house. Actually, it probably already is a mad house! So I will add myself to the long line of last minute shoppers. I've never hosted Thanksgiving at my house, but I look forward to the day that I will. I already have the turkey platter!

19 days!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Still waiting for my contract to arrive, so I don't know a lot of specifics. Still don't have an itinerary, but that's fine. I've been enjoying dreaming of what will be in store for us. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be amazing. I still am in shocked that I was one of the 15 that was picked. I'm soooooooo very grateful that they saw whatever it is they were looking for in ME! Thank you Disney! I will wear my pink jacket proud!

Oh, I forgot to mention...the Holly station is up and running on XM!

3 comments:

  1. You should have "Sandy" embroidered on the back of the jacket. LOL I'm so excited it's getting close to Christmas!! I think were going to get almost all of our shopping done on Black Friday...I really need to go to Downtown Disney though. There's something there that I need to get and no Im not going to tell you what it is. Haha.

    Im having a really hard time narrowing down what we want to get for Neil...theres so many cool things. I already have a couple little things for him, but I need something else. Oh and you might have something hidden in my closet too...but Im not tellllllling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil needs NOTHING! Especially after tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason's the same way. It becomes increasingly easier though as time progresses to buy him stuff. hopefully that will happen for you too! though the gifts stay expensive haha

    ReplyDelete