Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dreams do come true...

It's been at least 3 years since I have had an active blog. There are so many important and exciting things going on in my life, I figure there is no better time to start it back up!

Yesterday I announced that I have become one of the newest members of the 2011 Walt Disney World Mom's Panel. Disney accepted 20,000 applications for this coveted title and after 3 rounds of essay questions, personal videos and a phone interview, I received a phone call that I had been selected! For those who know me know that I am a Disney fanatic from head to toe. For those that don't, believe me when I say I love all things Disney. Most of my friends and possibly some of my family don't really understand how big this is, and that's fine...they will. I appreciate how supportive my husband has been through this process, although I knew he would be because he loves Disney just as much as I do.

I've gotten a lot of questions regarding what I get out of this. The best way I can answer is asking you to think of the one thing you're most passionate about and love talking about? What would you get out of it? I get to be the "online" voice around the world for answering questions about the one thing I love talking about the most (besides my family of course), and the one thing I have the most knowledge about. I want to help other people plan the vacation of a lifetime for their families. That's what I get out of it.

I'd like to end my first post by sharing my experience with the phone call I got yesterday inviting me to be a part of this wonderful Disney family. I had been checking my phone all day, making sure I was always in a place that had maximum reception. My husband would even call me every so often to make sure calls were going through. I was at my parent's house, like I am every Wednesday to visit. As afternoon came, I was getting more and more convinced that I had not been chosen. I thought to myself that I better leave and head home in case I get the phone call telling me I had not made it through. I didn't want to cry in front of my parents, so I headed home. About halfway there my phone rang with a 407 area code. It was Disney calling! I pushed the talk button but nothing was happening. Panic was setting in. My phone was frozen, however it was still ringing! I kept saying, "no no no no no no!" To which my 2 year old in the back seat started repeating, "no no no no no!" I wasn't even thinking that it would be ok, they would either call me back or leave me a number to call them back. After I calmed down a little, realizing there was nothing I could do about it at this point, I got an alert that I had a new voicemail. It was Laura from Disney! I called her back, already prepared to start crying as soon as I heard her voice...which I did. She asked me if I would like to become a panelist on the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel. I asked her if she was joking and she said she would never joke about this. I don't even remember what I said after that, but I know I apologized for crying in her ear. I hung up the phone, pulled the car over, and took a huge breath. I made it!

1 comment:

  1. Ive said it before and Ill say it again...I am SO proud of you. From the beginning I knew you were a shoe in, who else had as much passion and Disney smarts!? I cant wait for you to start this new adventure and I really cant wait to steal the baby while youre gone on training. Love ya! And congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete