Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Craft Time! Crayon Garden

I've been feeling the need to get crafty lately and I've started a bunch of little projects that have yet to be finished.  BUT, I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to make it my own.  It's a cute way to display crayons and it's a fun way to play with colors!


I call it my crayon garden.  Here are the supplies from Hobby Lobby that I used:

An awesome wooden picture frame
8 glass votive holders, mine look like mini pots
Paint in the colors you want - I used blue, pink, green, brown, yellow, orange, purple and red
Craft paper for inside the frame - I used paper that had creepy crawlers
Paint brushes
Mini wooden fence
Hot glue gun and glue

The first thing I did was paint the inside of the glass.  I used glossy acrylic paint.  It took me two days and 3 coats to get the coverage I wanted.
I painted the fence next.  At first, I painted it in a rainbow of colors, but I didn't like the outcome so I decided to go all brown.
Next, I hot glued the fence to the outer edge of the glass in the frame and then glued the glass votive holders where I wanted them.

The last step is to add the crayons!  I let Neil add some fun bug stickers to it.


1 comment:

  1. That is adorable! My daughter would love it and my son would destroy it :-( Great job Leslie!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete