Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tasty Time: Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm having too much fun with Pinterest.  I found the blog of Chef in Training and couldn't wait to start trying her recipes. I decided to start with sweets, Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.  OMG Delicious!



I ran out of Oreos before I ran out of batter, so I looked around my kitchen for something else I could stuff into my cookies.  JACKPOT!  Caramel squares.  I LOVE caramel, even more than chocolate.  Even better than the Oreos!


Recipe:
1 c shortening
1 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 T vanilla extract
3 c flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 c chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
1 package of double stuffed Oreo and/or caramel squares

Preheat to 350.  Cream together the shortening and sugars.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  In separate bowl, combine flower, salt and baking soda.  Gradually add flour mix to the wet ingredients and then add chocolate chips.  Form two balls of cookie dough and place one on top of an Oreo or caramel square and one on the bottom.  Squish together and seal the edges.  Bake for about 13 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Tomorrow, I'm making Chef in Training's Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment