Sunday, May 20, 2012

Organized Mess

I've spent a good part of the day staring, contemplating, how to get this house organized.  I'm still not sure, but I may be heading into the right direction.  My problem is that I want to do too many things at once, so not one single thing ever gets finished.

On my to-do list for awhile is to clean up and organize my sewing/crafting/hobby corner of the playroom.  Yes, MY creative space is in a small corner of the playroom.  For such a small area, it is a complete disaster.  I've been using a folding table as a sewing table, BUT my mom gave me her beautiful sewing cabinet that not only takes up less space than my unstable table, it also has tons of storage!  Oh storage, how I love thee!  I've been on Pinterest for a good part of the day looking up creative and cute ways to organize and store my stuff in a convenient way while the hubby has been putting up shelves in the bathroom closet.  (That has been shelf-less since before Christmas, while all of the things that went into the closet are on my kitchen floor)

Here is my before:













I've cleaned up my corner, I've got the ideas, now I just need to get to work!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to put up the gate to keep your creative corner safe :-) Our house is small so we share rooms to. We found this great cabinet that has a fold down desktop and fits my laptop perfectly. The cordless printed fits in the cabinet below and I have space above to categorize things from bills to blog topics :-) I even have my Family and Disney inspiration above that with photos and trinkets. It does the job perfectly and we paid very little for it. Oh, and it is about two feet wide. Fits in the corner of the den. What we mommies must do :-) :-)

    Suz

    ReplyDelete