Friday, May 25, 2012

Tasty Time: Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken

I am in a dinner coma right now.  This meal was the easiest dish to make and it only takes 5 ingredients!  I got this from chef in training (again) and I am in love.  I can't wait for my husband to get home because he loves anything with pineapple in it!



Recipe:
4 chicken breasts (I used 3 giant ones)
1/2 c soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
1/2 teriyaki sauce
1 can pineapple chunks in juice, not syrup
crushed red pepper flakes

Spray your crock pot with Pam and lay your uncooked chicken in the bottom.  Mix up the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and the can of pineapple chunks.  Her recipe said to use half of the juice from the can, but mine was too salty, so I used all of the pineapple juice.  Pour over chicken and sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes over the top.  Set the crock pot on high and let it cook for 6 hours.  Shred the chicken in the pot and serve over white rice.

I was going cut the chicken in chunks, but as soon as I stuck my fork in, it pretty much shredded itself.  After I shredded the chicken, I turned the heat to low and let it sit there for another half hour to soak up the juice.  Next time, I may use crushed pineapple instead of chunks.  I used about 8 sprinkles of the pepper and I can definitely taste it, but I'd like a little more kick the next time.

UPDATE I still thought it had too strong of the soy sauce flavor, so I added some orange juice which made it even more yummy!

Nom nom nom!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Another good one Leslie :-) I love chicken and pineapple. I think we have done something similar, but this does sound good. Thanks for sharing!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete